Exploring where life and story meet!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Rare as hen's teeth

I have finally found a good book with a living author!  I don't have a lot of time to read, therefore I am highly covetous of those few moments I can actually sit down with the written word and will quickly put down anything that is not interesting, stimulating, and well-written.  If you like fairy tales (especially with a Christian undertone), I can highly recommend this book.  The writing is lyrical, the plot intriguing, the characters are charming, the world is beautiful, and even the poetry is passable, unlike Tolkien, you may actually want to read it!  It gets a little preachy at one point in the middle, but it is a brief scene and the book quickly moves on.  And it is free!  Find it at the link below:

https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/78594

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for your kind review on Smashwords!! I am really glad you enjoyed Ardinea. I wrote it a number of years ago and it kind of makes me laugh now, but so glad someone found some joy in it. I have a more recent book (like you, I struggle to find time to write!) called Blackbirch Woods, available on Amazon. I would love to send you a free copy if you would like. God bless you, Meredith DeVoe

    ReplyDelete