Exploring where life and story meet!

Tuesday, February 9, 2021

It isn't just me!

 So there's a literary giant I have absolutely no taste for and now I don't feel guilty about it!  Go check out this essay about Flannery O'Connor and her excellent though shocking writing.  I've tried a few of her short stories, and while well written, they are too intense to be ingested too often, much like hot salsa!  Some people can eat spicy peppers with ease while a jar of mild salsa makes me sweat...so too my literary tastes.  Miss O'Connor is probably just the thing to shock modern audiences out of their comfy comas but I'd probably end up in therapy, as they read like my own monstrous childhood, something I don't need to relive to get the point.  Then go give her writing a try, maybe it'll just suit your taste or give you a jolt you didn't know you needed!  I'll be over here trying not to fall asleep over 'Mansfield Park.'

No comments:

Post a Comment