Exploring where life and story meet!

Friday, May 24, 2013

At the sign of the Prancing Pony?

Life has been a bit upside down of late, to the point that I have trouble making plans beyond the end of the month.  Job, home, finances, nothing is certain.  Needless to say, it is a little scary, but also a tad exciting.  I have been reading the Fellowship of the Ring again and am finding Frodo's flight into the unknown something of an encouragement for my own topsy-turvy life.  At least in Frodo's case, I know how the story ends.  Though it is dark at times, discouraging, and downright terrifying, it is a great story.  I suppose that is how all the great stories are, including our own.  The hard part is hanging onto hope and pursuing our dreams, even through the darkest and most dreary roads.  Thankfully, ours is an Author even more talented than Tolkien! 

Yeah, though I walk through the valley of the Shadow of Death, I will fear no evil, for You are with me. Psalm 23:4a KJV

No comments:

Post a Comment