Exploring where life and story meet!

Friday, May 31, 2013

Beyond Springtime

This has been a very long and dreary winter, finally Spring has sprung though it is very nearly June.  I saw pictures of a place with very green grass and a stunning blue sky back in January and thought it must be computer generated or originated on some alien planet or perhaps in a jungle paradise.  Actually, it was a local photo of springtime and now I again believe that such vivid colors can even be found in my own neighborhood.  A phenomenon so hard to believe in January is now unfolding before me in all its lovely wonder.  Birds, flowers, sunshine, green grass, azure sky, are all around me, not to mention the heady smells of rain, fresh earth, mown grass, and countless flowers.  It seems all of nature has been waiting impatiently for spring and has erupted with a vengeance.

I wonder if that is what Heaven shall be like to our poor mortal sensibilities?  When I was little I thought it to be a dull place involving little more than harps and halos, yawn...where this idea has come from I cannot imagine, but it certainly cannot be true!  It must be far more wondrous than the sum of all the springtimes that have ever been or will ever be.  For we are told: "But, as it is written, “What no eye has seen, nor ear heard, nor the heart of man imagined, what God has prepared for those who love him." I Corinthians 2:9  I forget what spring is like by the time it comes round again, what can I comprehend of things beyond this mortal sphere?  Exciting, isn't it!

No comments:

Post a Comment