Exploring where life and story meet!

Monday, December 23, 2013

Impaired frustration

I really want to be frustrated right now, but I can't.  If you look at the big picture, at all the blessings in life, at the rest of life that is functioning really well, it is harder to be frustrated.  Then when you consider the season (no, not the pink lighted hippopotamus next door) but rather ponder the mystery of the God who was 'made flesh and dwelt among us' and then look up the road to Easter, it really makes whatever is bugging you seem really insignificant.  What is health insurance compared to my immortal soul?

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  Philippians 4:4-7 (ESV).

These are some of my favorite verses in scripture, strange that I so rarely am able to apply them to life!  The 'peace of God that surpasses all understanding?'  Sounds nice, I should rely on it more!  Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment